The Australian Women in Security Network’s Cadets program is an outreach program for female-identifying:
- Tertiary students;
- Early career professionals with less than 3 years of cybersecurity industry experience.
AWSN Cadets is currently a Melbourne-based pilot. We will be seeking to expand it to other states within Australia soon!
AWSN Cadets has two types of membership: standard membership (for tertiary students & early career professionals), and industry membership. Join us today!
AWSN Cadets aims to improve gender diversity within the Australian cybersecurity industry, at the grassroots level. We empower women from all walks of life to:
- Explore different careers in cyber security
- Connect with a variety of professional development opportunities.
“AWSN Cadets will make tangible, positive changes to our society and the world, by attracting and retaining the best talent to our burgeoning, rewarding, and crucially important cyber security industry here in Australia.”
We inspire members to be bold and embrace a career in cybersecurity, by facilitating workshops run by industry mentors on different cyber security topics/careers.
We connect members to resources and education providers, so that they may grow their cyber security knowledge.
We connect members to employment opportunities within our network via our platform, so that they may continue to grow their confidence and skills as cyber security professionals.
AWSN Committee Members
Industry Engagement Officer
Online Community and Communications Officer
AWSN Committee Members – Brisbane
- 29th June – AWSN Cadets’ first anniversary, with membership increasing from 10 to 65
- 1st September – The first ever AWSN Cadets Committee is formally inducted, to start a new chapter of AWSN Cadets history.
- 29th June – AWSN Cadets was co-founded by Liz, Diane and Jacqui
- 14th August – First workshop held by Noushin Shabab on the topic of malware reverse engineering with 10 founding Cadets members